To be Christ to the WHOSOEVER

Matt Davis at Summit Church

November 2, 2009

Classes and Peru

So I got to do the most stressful thing every college student goes through yesterday. I got to sign up for next semester's classes. Oh the joy! It is very difficult to find classes that I need to graduate at this point. I did get to sign up for a class that I am really pumped about. I am going to take a History and Practice of Christian Missions class. Being that missions is one of my all-time passions along with baseball.

Basically this class will give different ways that The Great Commission has bee carried out over the past centuries. It will show the different models that have and can be used to be missionaries to people all over the world. It is apparent to me that The Great Commission can be carried out in different ways and that different models should be used in our local area than what should be used in other nations.

I say all of this to say that I am excited about the Peru trip in December! I have really been thinking about it a lot these past few weeks. I came to the realization the other day that this trip in December will be one that sets up many more trips this summer to carry out The Great Commission. I then began to think of the impact that will be made in Peru. Kevin Chafin said it best. "We're gonna invade Peru."

1 comments:

The Ballengers said...

Let it begin...let it begin! <---from BOLT (funny little hamster)

-Ballenger