To be Christ to the WHOSOEVER

Matt Davis at Summit Church

February 27, 2010

Live Free or Die

So I saw a New Hampshire license plate the earlier, and on it reads, "Live Free or Die." Now my mind instantly went to the Bruce Willis movie, "Live Free or Die Hard." So then I was thinking, 'Man, that's kinda harsh!' Next thing I know my mind is going through all kinds of things. [like my mind tends to do, I may have ADD. not sure though.] Just from this one state's motto [what's the motto with you?] all kinds of ideas and thoughts started going through my mind.


So why am I telling you this? Well here is your answer! We as Christians are free in Christ Jesus. This state motto actually applies to life. Kinda weird but hey, who knew? Because of what Christ did on that cross, we are able to be free. We are free from any kind of hold the devil may have on us. We are no longer bound to the sin in our lives, it no longer has to dominate our lives. We have freedom in Christ! IS THAT NOT AWESOME?

On the other hand if we don't give our lives to Christ then we will do the second part of that motto. We will die! Two deaths, physical and spiritual. If we do not live free in Christ then we will die to our sin.

Our mission as Christians, is to let people know that they are able to live free. We are to tell them that they can live free in Christ or die. [maybe not so harsh though]

0 comments: