To be Christ to the WHOSOEVER

Matt Davis at Summit Church

September 16, 2009

Baltimore, and ship burning

I'm currently sitting at the Barnes and Noble's in Baltimore, MD at the Inner Harbor. Across from me is a psychological "coach" meeting with another woman. I try not to ease drop on conversations, because I wouldn't want someone to do the same thing. However, when explicit language was being used ever-so-loudly I tend to notice, particularly when a woman is saying it (not to say that men should be able to use such language either).


I have no idea whatsoever what occurred for this woman to need a "coach", but I thought there would be sanctity within this commercial bookstore. That was a lie to myself, and a thought of an unconscious Christian. I need to repent. Why in the world would I not think that brokenness could be sipping coffee at Starbuck's outside on a veranda? As I walked around the Inner Harbor earlier, I noticed of course, all of the homeless people, and their brokenness is sitting right in front of me. I walked over the bridge and came inside here to think and try to make sense out of something that the Lord's dealing with me about (2 very wonderful things, and 1 quite scary). Yet here I am, focused on myself and "behold" here in front of me is two women that need Christ.

As Summit's Missions Ministry begins this upcoming semester with a Revitalization Trip to New Jersey, we must not think that the ministry has a beginning and an end. The beginning is when we accept Christ, and the end is when we are with Him for eternity. Ministry is a constant, and we must be open to it's consistency, and "inconvenience". None of us are perfect, we all need work... if not then what's the point of Christ. But in that need for work on ourselves, let us not forget that there are others who do not yet know Christ, and their lives (while no worse than our own), are in a great risk of never being brought to Christ; we must be aware.

Matt Davis is taking over the Missions Ministry at Summit Nation, and he is a current college student at CSU, who is a servant at heart, with a desire and passion for missions. Please begin to pray for him as he begins this ministry, and please begin to pray about going or supporting Summit's Vision for worship to be restored back to God through our desire for Christ.

Nick Ballenger

0 comments: